lunedì 21 dicembre 2015

Happy Holidays!

Seasons Greetings!

In Italy they say "Buon Fine & Buon Principio" which translated would be "happy ending and happy beginning". 2015 - the year of the USD - is at an end, and 2016 is knocking on the door. Liquidity will be drying up these days so it might be best to avoid trading, and between the 27th and the 31st trade small.

I would like to start this note by thanking all the active followers that continue to take the time to interact with me and share the content that I provide. This also goes for the 20-odd traders that continue to frequent the Skype room despite my recent absence. I'm quite relieved that the room has continued to thrive, because I have not forced anything upon anyone and I am only trying to pay it forwards by putting out there content and context that I feel useful to those who are so inclined.  It's always rewarding to see appreciation for the content so, again, a very sincere thank you

Lets talk a little about trading, as one man sees it. It all starts in the trader's mind. If you are not a calm person, or you cannot calm yourself down when external influences are absent, then this may not be the right job for you. It is a job like any other, and just like any other, it requires some personal attributes in order to succeed. Peace of mind is adamant. If you get caught up in the day-to-day hustle & bustle and can't stop the flow of thoughts in your mind, than it will be tough to achieve anything in the markets. 

You see, what you can take from the markets only depends on yourself. The markets will reflect your inner state and return to you what your inner state is creating. Let me explain: if you have studied a way to trade that has given good results historically and you have no reason to believe that market conditions could change to the point of invalidating your system, then it's only a matter of repetition and the profits should come. But lets say you trade and loose. And you try again and loose...you already know that your system can produce loosing trades as no one wins all the time. But you get angry and go back to studying and trying to (unconsciuosly) force winning trades out of the system. 

This will only get you into more trouble. Instead, you must sit back and take a deep breath. Sh** happens and you've got to deal with it like a champ. If you have a good understanding of market dynamics and market psychology, then you have nothing to fear. Keep plugging away, without forcing anything and without getting sloppy. It's about consistency & longevity...a job of precision and responsibility.

In 2016, I will continue to help other traders, through various initiatives:

1. The habitual blog entries here and on Forextell.com : Weekend Game Plan and European Open reports whenever possible.

2. A new collaboration with FX Renew, where I will be helping out during the Workshops (http://fxrenew.com/online-forex-workshop/) from February 2016, and subsequently through a mentoring/coaching service.

3. (Tentative): a live trading room through FXWW, where I intend to provide a useful context for traders to operate in. To pull back the curtain a little: one thing is having the news (which nowadays is cheap via outfits like Ransquawk). Another thing is knowing what the market is most likely focusing on, what the impact of certain news events might be, how the markets will most likely react depending on the outcome.  
Of course this initiative will be on the drawing board until I finish my sabbatical, also because it's difficult to put a price tag on something like that. Any suggestions or declarations of interest will be most welcome actually.

In the meantime, as you may know, I'm on a short sabbatical from full-time trading. I've always liked teaching so I'm refining my teaching skills as an ESL Teacher until May 2016. I am currently teaching children (8 yr olds), young adults (15-18) and executives at a leading international footwear company. I'm actually already starting to appreciate the effects of this new adventure: for Christmas, we have taught the kids some Christmas classics like Frosty the Snowman, Jingle Bells, Rudolph the Red-Nose Reindeer, etc. and it has forced me to unpack my guitar and get back into the groove. So this year, my  best wishes will come in the form of a "performance". This is Frosty the Snowman:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1SYTv_vDtcdaVpaYzNaLTQzd2M/view?usp=sharing

I wish you all Health & Wealth in 2016!

Sincerely,

JupaFX

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento